July 5, 2009

...gymspiration...

i'm in the gym yesterday . almost alone . it's like every other normally shaped, toned and tanned body in the free world was outside enjoying some sunshiney goodness of a summer day in july .

i'm sweating my ass off . i'm breathing hard . i'm trying to stay focused and feel the burn with appreciation instead of castigation .

i don't wear my glasses when i'm burning calories, so people passing before me on their way to their own workout mania are mere blurs and blobs . yesterday a blob passed by me one too many times, and in between incline changes, i slipped my glasses on and narrowed my gaze .

approximately 5 yards off the starboard bow of my behemoth machine, riding the recumbant bike, is a balding gentleman in his 80s . wearing tube socks up to his knees, a head band , dolphin shorts and no underwear . he was batting his testicles around like a damn hackey sack . his sweat-stained black tank top was decorated with some grafitti-like artwork airbrushed across the front . it read 'hard' .

i took my glasses back off .



....

No comments: