June 16, 2009

i love people and caller id .

i was calling my darling spouse today to remind him to pick up dinner rolls and accidentally dialed the wrong number . i transposed two numbers and to my surprise reached Emily .

emily is a lovely sounding young lady . judging by her breathless voice on her voicemail, it would seem that she is busy or quite possibly very harried.

i imagine she's very busy making big decisions - will i catch my international flight to paris? will the Count expect me to wear white or winter white?

you know, big stuff.

when i realized that i had dialed the lovely emily, i hung up , quickly chastised myself for fat fingers , poor dialing etiquette , and correctly dialed my darling spouse .

a few short hours later , the phone rings . it's lovely emily .

"hello?" i say .

"who's this?"

"it's me." i reply .

"no duh . you called me and hung up. what did you want?"

"i dialed the wrong number. " i explained .

"yes, but what did you want? "

I simply can't resist when nature presents an opportunity to excel .

" i'm ovulating and it's time . i'm in bed and ready . when will you be home ? will you be needing the special pillow this time ? "

1 comment:

knoxvillepixie said...

Ha ha, too funny! Had a few of those back in the *69 days...